Radiation Treatment Technologies Unduplicated in the Region
The team of physicians at Northeast Radiation Oncology Centers
(NROC) offers the most comprehensive, advanced radiation therapy
technologies available in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Doctors
at NROC carefully advise patients about which type of radiation
therapy is most effective for their type and stage of cancer.
Radiation treatment and treatment planning technologies available
at NROC include:
TrueBeam® Radiotherapy System
TrueBeam® technology is engineered to deliver powerful cancer treatments with
pinpoint accuracy and precision. It integrates imaging and motion management
technologies that make it possible to deliver treatments quickly while monitoring and
compensating for tumor motion.
How does the Varian TrueBeam® System work?
- The TrueBeam® system incorporates “intelligent” automation that helps reduce
- Targets tumors with tremendous precision made possible by the system’s
sophisticated architecture, which synchronizes imaging, beam shaping and
- Performs accuracy checks every ten milliseconds throughout the entire treatment.
- Critical data points are measured continually as treatment progresses, ensuring
that the system maintains a “true isocenter,” or focal point of treatment.
Faster Imaging at Lower Doses
- TrueBeam® imaging technology can produce three-dimensional images used to
fine-tune tumor targeting very quickly, using 25% less X-ray dose when compared
with earlier generations of technology.